Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ringing out the old year...

Well, the holidays didn't go according to my plans, but isn't that life?! Three weeks ago we found out we we were pregnant, and everything looked good. We were planning to make the news public after we told the kids (ultrasound was scheduled for the end of this week). But I started some spotting that put me off my feet over Christmas, and we miscarried this past Friday. I don't know what else to say, really -- we are still grieving the loss of this little one and it will just take time for the pain to lessen. This past year was a rough one for our family -- two little ones lost through miscarriage, the kids' LVAS diagnoses, etc etc -- yet at the same time full of the grace of God and an extra measure of His peace, comfort, and joy. As Old Testament Job said, although right now we are in "sackcloth and ashes" (i.e. mourning), still we say "...yet will I trust Him." Trusting the Lord does not mean an absence of grief, but rather a purpose and strength (HIS purpose and strength) in spite of the pain. We are clinging to Him during these hard days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marsel,
this keeps me informed of your family doings--don't know how you find time to do it Aunt B.

Anonymous said...

OH gosh Marel and Bruce, I just read the rest of your sad news--we also grieve the loss of your baby. You must be very discouraged. I pray your faith will sustain you. Aunt Barbara