Friday, January 05, 2007

Remembering

Today was the due date of the little one we lost in our first miscarriage...although, considering my history, we likely would have had the baby around Thanksgiving (!), for us this is still a day to remember. For some reason, in our society, there is a reluctance to publicly acknowledge a miscarriage, but I have never, even prior to our own experiences, understood that reluctance. This is a loss like any other loss, and results in a grief like any other grief, and it is a heavy burden to try to carry in secret. It is -- and always will be -- a part of who I am and who we are. So anyway, I've marked the day...and now on to all of the busyness a normal day holds. I will try to do a quick post later, after the kids' audio. appointments, to let you all know results.

No comments: