Monday, June 02, 2008

Busyness in summer -- oh no!

It has been a busy few days around here and will stay like that all this week. Saturday we had two graduation parties to attend; yesterday was our usual church schedule; today I visited my sister-in-law, who is in the hospital with pregnancy complications, and then ran two errands; and so the rest of the week will go. All good things -- just busy!!! In between the errands and other obligations, I plan to grab as much pool time as we can (it's still too cold for me to swim, but I like sitting in the sun and reading!).
Below are a few pictures from recent events...

Left: David was promoted out of his 4s and 5s Sunday school class and into the "big boy" 1st-3rd grade class. This picture is with his two beloved teachers, whom he left. (...but he loves his new class, too!)


Right: Abigail got to move up into the 4s and 5s class. It was a long-anticipated event and very exciting!

^David has been working on this "airplane" for a while now (I think my mom got him started on it back in April...?) and he recently decided that it had enough nails in it now (there are easily 50+ nails in there...) and that it was ready to be painted. I gave him some one-quart color-sample paintcans I had from when we were choosing our house color, and off he went. It has been really fun to watch him create!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David
Fly down and see me in florida
Love Granpa Nota

Delighted Hands said...

Wow-you are doing great work! I am very proud of your woodworking and painting skills!