Thursday, June 05, 2008

Fun at the library

Yesterday our library kicked off their summer reading program with a magic show, facepainting, and balloon artists. I took the kids and they had a great time! They had also read ten books to complete their first reward-level, so they got to write their name on a paper butterfly and attach it to the reading tree. Lots of fun!


This has become an increasingly common sight in our house, which thrills us!
















The most popular part of the magic show was definitely the live rabbit!














Chick-Fil-A is one of the sponsors of the summer reading program. David thought the cow was cool, but Abigail would not go even remotely near it. The whole time it was in the room, she kept a wary eye trained on it to make sure it didn't come near her! As one of my nieces said years ago, when she was afraid of the Chick-Fil-A cow, "Big Moo scare me!!!"




The kids outside the library, showing off their spiders. The theme this year is "Catch the Reading Bug", hence the spiders.


And while we watched the magic show, I knitted! I am working on a small, "lovey"-type blanket for my new niece. When I bought this yarn, I had planned to give the blanket to them after the baby's arrival, but my sister-in-law is in the hospital with complications, and there is going to be an in-hospital baby shower for her this Saturday, so I decided to hurry and finish it to give to her then. Right now it's about twelve inches at its widest point, and I want it to be about 15 inches, so I'm getting close -- once the decrease starts, the rest of it goes pretty fast.

Bruce and I were in the nursery at church last night, so I took my knitting along and worked on it for almost an hour -- there were only three kids, all of whom entertained themselves, so I was glad I had thought to bring it along. Bruce teased me that I brought it so that I could use the knitting needles to keep the kids in line! :-)

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Knitters are used to that kind of abuse! So glad the kids love to read! I hated clowns when I was young and still find them suspicious so I don't blame Abigail distrusting the cow!