Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bits and pieces of life

It has been a busy week already, but today is a stay-at-home day -- hooray! I will try to do a brief catch-up on everything, with a couple of pictures thrown in, too.

~Monday Abigail had her first OT summer session. She will go once a week, for an hour and a half each session. She is with one other little girl who also deals with CP. M.K. is five years old and the two of them seemed to hit it off very well -- already they have created some positive peer pressure for each other when doing some of the tougher exercises with their affected hands.

~Yesterday the kids had piano lessons (which are going very well; both kids are practicing daily and are learning and improving already), then we went to the pediatrician, who sent us to another facility for an x-ray, then we came home for naps so that we were ready for church last night. Instead of our usual Wed. night service this week, we had one last night and were treated to the Maranatha Baptist Bible College String Ensemble -- they were very talented musicians and very pleasant people as well. We really enjoyed the music, and the kids were enthralled. It was a great opportunity to point out that THAT is why Mommy makes them practice their piano every day...because that's the only way to play like that! I did have to note that it seems like college students are getting younger and younger every year... :)

~While I'm on the subject of music, Abigail was recently singing "London Bridge is Falling Down...My Bare Lady"! Hmmm...!

~We head out for my parents' place in Florida a week from tomorrow, and then Bruce and I voyage out sans children the next day. I am alternately very sad to think of leaving my kids for that long and very excited to spend that long just me and my husband! We'll have a wonderful time, I know, and I expect we'll also be very ready to have our babies back by the end of our time away. We have found a couple of special things we plan to do while we are away, along with spending lots of time in R & R on the beach or on our private balcony overlooking the Gulf. Ooh, now I'm excited again! :)

~I am looking for some fiction books to take on my vacation...does anyone have any favorite authors or titles to recommend? I feel ready to discover an author that is new to me...so help me out here!

~We have taken the plunge (ha ha) and ordered waterproof hearing aids for the kids, so they will have some hearing help at the pool and in other water situations. We are really excited and anxious to get them and will share more about them when they arrive.

Below are a couple of pictures from Friday night, when my in-laws came for dinner and a visit. The kids treated us to a "show" (it was very entertaining!) and then they each got to read with Grandpa & Grandma. In her picture, Abigail is holding her current favorite book, Cinderella.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try reading Flabbergasted by Ray Blackston - it's hilarious! =) If you want something a little more serious, try the Refiner's Fire series by Lynn Austin. They're three people's different perspectives on the Civil War. Also, my mom likes Wanda Brunstetter's books. (I haven't read them yet.) Happy reading!
~Emily