Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Busy day, pleasant ending

We left home shortly before nine this morning and didn't get home until almost six tonight -- yikes! We ran an errand, went to piano lessons, ran another errand, drove a ways to the east to pick up my niece, whom I took to the fabric store to pick out fabric to make a receiving blanket for her baby-sister-on-the-way, picked up Abigail's new wrist brace from the rehab place (I will post more on that tomorrow), dropped my niece back off at home, stayed to chat for a bit with my mother-in-law, and then stopped at our pool on the way home, where David and I took a long swim and Abigail sat on the edge with her feet in the water. It was a day of good things -- just busy! -- but the swim was very refreshing and relaxing and a great way to end our busy day. This was the first day that the pool temperature was perfect -- cool enough to refresh but warm enough to walk right in without gasping for breath -- and we thoroughly enjoyed our swim...

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

What a nice way to wash away the busies!