Saturday, January 12, 2008

Two points do not a pattern make...

...but I'm dangerously close! Let me explain... When we were kids, my brothers and I always used to push a button whenever we walked by a soda machine, just in case someone had left credit in it. We had done this for ages and never gotten a reward, so eventually I just did it out of habit. One day when I hit the button on the way by, I heard that rumbling noise, and sure enough, I had gotten a soda!!! The problem is that, not expecting to get one, I hadn't paid attention to what button I pushed, and I got a Mello Yello, which I can not stand to drink, so I ended up giving it to my brother. Yesterday, when I was cleaning out the Olds to get it ready for its departure, I was digging down between the front seats to make sure there were no lost 'treasures' in there, when I felt something funny. I dug way in and pulled out...the second set of keys AND another remote entry key fob for the Olds. We bought the Olds used (er, pre-owned) with only one set of keys, so the previous owner must have lost that second set and not known that they were actually still in the car. TWO YEARS we have owned that car and gotten by with only one set of keys for it (it's the kind of key you can only get from a dealer), and then, on the day it's going to the salvage yard, I find the second set, and a second remote, no less! Do you see my pattern emerging yet?! ...sigh....

No comments: