Friday, June 08, 2007

Daily report 6/8/07

Hooray -- we go home today! Abigail has now started to ask "What's David doing?" She can't seem to grasp the fact that his life goes on normally when she is not there to share in it. I was sorely tempted to tell her this morning (after she had asked that question three or four times) that we would be going home today, but since her concept of time is still immature, I didn't want to risk distracting her from therapy all day long, so I am saving the surprise until we get in the car to leave. But I am excited enough for both of us! Therapy went well again yesterday -- we had two BIG accomplishments -- Abigail used her left hand to do a zipper, and she has perfected an almost-pincer grasp with that hand as well. WOW! We were all so excited. Midway through her last session of the day, though, she crawled into the play-tunnel, rolled onto her back, and announced, "I tired. I go to bed now." And by 6:45 last night, she was already asleep and dreaming! This sure has been a week of hard work for her and I am glad for a little respite tomorrow...hopefully we will have good pool-weather! They do not allow cameras in the hospital, but while we're home I will try to take a picture of Abigail showing off that left hand and wearing her puppet.

No comments: