Saturday, September 27, 2008

Today's project - daisy dress

Throughout the day today, amidst a relaxed and wonderful day of snuggling the kids, doing housework, reading a chapter in my book, making homemade waffles for dinner, and enjoying a family stroll through the neighborhood, I have been sewing a dress for Abigail. It just needs to be hemmed and have its as-yet-unpurchased zipper installed and it will be finished. The ribbon detail on the edges of the sleeves and around the bodice was a new attempt for me, but it went very well and I'm very pleased with the result. I encountered the usual glitches...but I am finally getting better about calmly solving the issue instead of wadding up the errant project and stuffing it in a basket to wait for my mother to fix. It's only taken me thirty-one years to stop being a wuss about it. :)

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

We all mature at different seams..........The dress is beautiful! Can't wait to see her in it!

cj and family said...

The dress is beautiful, Marsel! You're inspiring me to start some sewing projects . . . now to find the time . . .

Debbie Griffin said...

Love it! I started adding more details like ribbons and trims to Hannah's dresses a couple of years back and love it! I do it more and more all the time! Abigail's dress is adorable. I just bought material for a fall dress for Hannah...now to get busy with it!