Thursday, September 11, 2008

Recap of Tuesday

Everybody woke up. (Good.) No one felt like getting school started. (Bad) We managed eventually.
We finished school, ate lunch in the car, stopped at the neighborhood pool to check chemicals (I do this four days a week), then on to urgent care to deal with my sinus infection (my dr couldn't get me in until Thursday and I couldn't bear to wait that long). Two shots and two prescriptions later, I left with assurances that I would be feeling better soon. On to piano lessons, then to WalMart for an oil change, groceries, and filling the prescriptions (all of which seemed to take an inordinately long time).
We got home late and were all tired...the kids ran around outside for a few minutes while Bruce carried in groceries (he pulled in right behind me). I went in to the kitchen to put away refrigerated stuff.
Word of advice...the tireder one is, the more likely one is to drop things, and the more likely it is that said things will break and make a huge mess. One tired woman and one dropped 24 ounce container of cottage cheese are not a good combination. These are the moments that a dog comes in handy.

Above: Baker partway through the clean-up process...

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Wednesday had to look better right from the start!

Jess said...

I'm glad you'll be feeling better soon.

Jeanette said...

I understand! Only I don't have to be tired! I have dropped the butter, milk, and also cottage cheese! We use the dog of clean too!! Glad you're feeling better!