Monday, November 13, 2006

Yummm...

Just thought I would share this lovely little gem from our garden. The picture just doesn't do justice to the deep, brilliant orange color. (For you gardening aficionados out there, it's not stunted -- this variety is meant to be this long at maturity!) I pulled it tonight after I covered the broccoli and Brussels sprouts (the growing fruit yellows if it gets direct exposure to heavy frost), then I brought it in to share with the kids (and Baker, who always begs for a piece). I find it rather amusing that Deb Griffin (a friend in the far north of Wisconsin) posted tonight about their first big snow...while my post is about fresh vegetables from the garden!!! Don't get me wrong, the snow is absolutely beautiful...but the longer I live down here, the more I find I can fully enjoy the snow via pictures! (...and this from a girl who always said she would NEVER live down south because she would miss the snow too much!). :-)

1 comment:

Debbie Griffin said...

So that's what fresh garden vegetables look like...we don't get those up here in the snow! :-) I'm already at 75 days to go!!! Yahoo!!!!!! That's already 25% down since I started the 100 day count down! :-) Tell Rodney and Greta I said "Hey" will you, please?!