Monday, November 06, 2006

Fun with vegetables

Yesterday I stayed home from church with Abigail (she is still getting over a cold), so I had time to make a big dinner, which we all enjoyed very much! Abigail ate corn on the cob for the very first time (we have always had to cut it off of the cob for her before) and she looked like a pro. It's also great therapy for her because she has to use two hands to eat it this way! Just for the record, this was corn from our garden. It was ready to harvest while I was in NY in July, so Bruce picked it, blanched it, and froze it...isn't he amazing?! It's wonderful to pull a bag out of the freezer and have tasty corn...the frozen stuff from the grocery store just doesn't cut it for me anymore! Also included is a picture of David, who insisted that we take one of him, too. He loves "combine corn" (that's what he calls it) and checks all of our cobs when we're done to see if there's any left for him to scavenge! How it is that we have two kids who love vegetables, I don't know...Bruce and I were both terrible eaters when we were kids, particularly about vegetables. We've gotten off easy with our two!

No comments: