Monday, June 08, 2009

Saturday projects

This past Saturday we started the day by grocery shopping...the kids and I usually do that on our own during the week, but I wasn't up to pushing a loaded cart yet, and I hadn't done a thorough grocery-shopping trip since before we went to Florida in April, so we needed a lot of stuff! It was nice to banish the "Mother Hubbard" look from our kitchen cupboards! :) Bruce's big project of the day was to install the new antenna we got. We discontinued our dish service but weren't happy with the reception we were getting with just a digital converter box, so we added the antenna and are very happy with the results. We now get PBS, which is (in my opinion) the most important channel!
Getting the new toy readyThis is one of those times that I am thankful that my husband is good with his hands as well as his head...it's so nice that he researched, ordered, and installed the new contraption so that we didn't have to pay someone else to do it. As is also typical of Bruce, he was very patient with David and let him "help" with the project -- David even got to go in the attic and was so excited that he was deemed old enough to walk in the insulation for the very first time. :) (...don't worry, he was fully clothed; he didn't go up there in the outfit you see above!)
Getting the attic ready for the new toy The reason I didn't spend much time in the attic!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Are those bats? Please tell me they are not currently living in a cage in your house for you to 'observe'. Bats & bugs NOT IN THE HOUSE!!!

It's good Bruce doesn't share your clutsyness since these chores are his.

RaDora said...

shocking you didn't spend too much time up there. I was hoping you would put it on the outside of your house so that I could be reminded of my AR roots :)

Delighted Hands said...

It looks like they are multiplying........what can you do to get rid of them? Can you just build a better screen box around the vent so they can't get in!!!!?
Glad you have the antenna now!

Anonymous said...

I liked it better when I sat on your porch and saw the bats going in and out of the neighbors house! Love Gram

Debbie Griffin said...

oh, oh, oh, oh....I am fairly certain I would not want to know if there are bats in my attic!!! Ignorance is bliss at this time...We have them all around our area, but I've never had one in my house...nothing would send me packing faster!