Thursday, February 26, 2009

Florida trip pictures...part 3

On one of our days in Florida, we took a field trip to Blue Spring State Park. It was a bit of a memory-lane moment for me, since the last time I was there was many, many years ago with my parents, brothers, and Grandma Minota. That time there were no manatees to see, but this trip there were 36 wild manatees in the area for us to enjoy! We also walked the boardwalk all the way in to where the actual Spring is located. There was a lot of lovely Floridian scenery to enjoy. We also toured the house that was built in the 1800s by a couple who settled in the area. It's always fascinating to me to stand in a place full of history and imagine the lives that were lived in that very spot so many, many years before. A big old stump at the end of the boardwalk inevitably became a good spot for the kids to jump off and feel amazing.Jumping off quickly became a game of "catch me!" Even my brothers got caught up in the excitement!!! (Actually, they were just humoring their sister, who wanted them to do it for a picture, too! They were good sports about it and we ended up with a funny picture that captures some of the fun, goofy humor of our family!) The whole clan......and a last few pictures before we headed out for a little ice cream shop (hooray for soft-serve vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles!) and then home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been following your blog for a long time, and I was wondering how the waterproof HAs were working out? I had been thinking about getting a pair for myself, but I'm a little skeptical about how well they will hold up in the pool. Also, do you have any more info on the HAs? Brand, Cost, Picture?
Thanks!

Delighted Hands said...

What a great day of family! We were quite a crowd!