Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mystery Tote project

My mom, grandma, and I are doing a Mystery Tote project, so named because the creator of the project reveals only one step of the instructions at a time. There are no pre-project glimpses of the end product. This is a very stretching experience for someone who is as perfectionistic (read: obsessive compulsive!) as I am!
Of course, any project must first be inspected by Her Royal Highness.

Here is my fabric, all washed, pressed, and ready to cut:

And here are my cut pieces, ready for Step 2:

On a side note: I know it is very pathetic to feel happy about being "ahead" of my mom in the project, considering that this past Monday she had surgery to remove her gallbladder and she is in the painful and unpleasant throes of recovery...but I never get to be ahead of my Energizer-bunny mother, so I have to enjoy it while I can...even if it's very, very pathetic. I love you, Mom -- feel all better soon, even if it means I don't get to be ahead anymore!!! :)

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Sorry but I woke up feeling better and sewed the blocks together last night..........did I getcha?!

Good job with the colors and thanks for playing!

Jess said...

That was too funny...