Saturday, April 26, 2008

Rainbow sighting

Last night, as the sun was setting, we got a downpour of rain...combine those two events and we had an incredible, gorgeous rainbow. I have been utterly fascinated by rainbows for as long as I can remember and I still get a thrill that takes my breath away whenever I see one! All four of us sat out on the porch swing and watched it as it morphed with the setting sun's changing light. Forty-five minutes later, when we finally went inside to put the kids to bed, it was still bright and beautiful.

Pictures NEVER do a rainbow justice -- it was so intense and brilliant in real life, but it looks so washed out in the pictures -- but here are a couple of pictures anyway! I couldn't fit the whole bow in one frame, so here are the two ends separately...


1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

A rainbow still gives me pause-it is truly a beautiful sight.
Thanks for sharing this one!