Thursday, March 13, 2008

New China cabinet

While my mom and I were at the Expo, my dad, Bruce, and the kids hauled up to North Carolina to pick up a china cabinet from my dad- and mom-in-law. When Bruce and I got married, we "inherited" Bruce's parents' dining room table and chairs, and then when my in-laws moved to N.C., they offered us the matching china cabinet as well, so it moved from their house in NY into their storage in NC until we could get it.

My dad got his van all ready for hauling (hitch on, wiring hooked up) and then, borrowing a trailer from our pastor, the moving crew made the day trip to NC and brought back my "new" china cabinet! I love it -- it looks great in our dining room and now I can finally display all of my beautiful china (which belonged to Bruce's grandma), which has heretofore been relegated to a box (which traveled with us from NY to IL to GA).

Thanks, Dad Minota, for doing all of the fussy-work to get the van and trailer ready to haul, and for making the trip, and for risking a hernia to carry the cabinet into the dining room! Thanks, Dad and Mom McKee, for our now-complete dining room set and for the lovely china, a little piece of family history to which I am so honored to add more family history. Thanks, Mom Minota, for helping me clean the cabinet, unpack the china, and arrange everything. And thanks, Bruce, for being willing to coordinate and participate in the whole shebang so that we could have a china cabinet! What a group effort...thank you, everyone!!!

...some pieces of my china...

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

It is striking-so nice to have a grown up room, isn't it! Are you able to convince David that it is not a good place to store his tractors...........?