Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hearing checks and other adventures

Yesterday we had hearing checks...the kids have had enough cumulative loss over the last couple of months that we had to go today to have their HAs reprogrammed (the office where we had our checks doesn't have the necessary equipment, so today we had to go to the main office). We got to eat lunch with RaDora before our appointment, which was a nice treat. Whoever would have thought that we'd find a friend when we got assigned an audiologist?! Today after our HA tweaks we ran a quick errand to WalMart and then I surprised the kids by stopping at a playground on our way home -- we were the only ones there, so the kids had a blast playing while I sat in the sun and read my book. At one point, David picked up an empty Skittles wrapper and then sauntered behind the slide...thankfully, my mother-instinct kicked in and I promptly looked up from my book and asked him what he was doing. He came out from behind the slide looking quite sheepish and weakly protested, "But, Mom, there's still a few left in there!" GROSS!!! I know I have a bunch of pictures I need to post...I just haven't gotten a chunk of time to sit and organize all of them. I'll get to it eventually!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

The Lord is merciful in ways we so often miss....glad you recognize the blessing of RaDora