Wednesday, May 06, 2009

My birthday pictures

My birthday was lovely...thanks for all of the birthday wishes!
My best gift of the day was that Bruce left work early and had an extra two hours to spend with us! It was wonderful. I also thoroughly enjoyed my birthday dinner (filet mignon, sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, wild rice, Italian bread). Note the marvelously-decorated dining room...the kids were dismayed that I hadn't decorated with anything other than the "happy birthday" sign, so they went to the basement, dug out the streamers, colored pictures, and then decorated all by themselves. It was so precious!!!
...and with my birthday dessert -- Raspberry Crumble Bars! (they were delicious despite the fact that I dumped almost 1/2 cup of sugar on my feet and then, in the melee, forgot to mix more sugar with the raspberries...typical!!!)(...don't knock my hair...I got caught in the rain and wasn't about to spend time re-doing it just for pictures!!!)

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Just perfect! Glad it was a lovely day!

Jess said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday. Do something with that hair will you?

Debbie Griffin said...

Yeah...I'm with Jess...what's up with the hair!?! :-) Come on!!! Hope you had fun playing in the rain on your birthday!