Friday, May 01, 2009

Unexpected trip south

This post is from Florida...yes, Florida again, but not for the fun of it this time! On Saturday, our friend's mom passed away and Sunday night Bruce and I decided that I would go to Florida for the funeral (my heart is so heavy for our friends in the midst of their loss, but at the same time rejoicing over the godly testimony of their mom, who has gone home to be with the Lord she loved so much)...so Tuesday afternoon the kids and I arrived at my brother Matthew's, yesterday was the funeral, today we head a little over an hour north to Caleb's, and tomorrow we'll drive home. Although the main purpose of this trip wasn't fun and family, we have nonetheless managed to squeeze some enjoyable times into the last couple of days (pictures to follow once I get home, since I forgot to bring my camera cord with me). This trip has felt rather strange for me...a jumble of conflicting emotions...what a strange last few weeks this has been...but then, do we ever do 'normal'?! :)

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

This is NORMAL for you. Don't look for anything else; this is it!
It was a nice bonus to see you and the kids. Glad you can encourage your church family , too.