Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Peaceful afternoon

The kids slept in until 8 this morning, so school started -- and therefore ended -- later than normal, but now we're done for the day. It's gloomy and rainy outside, but it's pleasant and peaceful in here -- there are Christmas lights everywhere, Christmas music is playing, my favorite Yankee Candle scent is burning, the dog has a new chewbone and is planted out of my way working on it, the kids are upstairs playing, and I am getting lots of housework done. I need an afternoon like this every once in a while...it has major restorative effects for me...!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your favorite Yankee scent? It's hard for me to choose, I like most of them! I've been enjoying Mistletoe lately.

Sarah Brock

cj and family said...

Blessings! You know you're a mom when you're thankful for a "quiet" afternoon to get housework done! :o)

Delighted Hands said...

All is calm, all is bright......