Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas dinner date

Tonight Bruce and I went to our firm's Christmas dinner at Vinny's. (For those interested, I had a delectable Pear & Arugula Salad with aged goat cheese and cherries and pecans, then filet mignon with shiitake mashed potatoes, then an apple tart with homemade vanilla ice cream... yummmm...we of Polish descent sure like our food!) The kids stayed with a beloved babysitter, so they were happy, too. We rarely get a night-time sitter, so it's always a special treat for all of us!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Ummm.... did you let Bruce eat too? Or is he the kind that goes to Red Lobster and orders chicken?

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, it sounded like your belly was very happy! Did you have any leftovers?! Did you get to eat your meal without any interruptions!!!

Debbie Griffin said...

That's it!!! I'm raising a stink! Here at Northland, we have Christmas parties by department. Brent and I are the only ones working in our department--I want a Christmas party, too!!! I keep asking him when the Institutional Effectiveness party is and he just rolls his eyes at me! I WANT A PARTY, TOO!!! :-)

Debbie Griffin said...

Oh yeah...glad you had a good time, too! :-)

cj and family said...

Sounds like a great evening! :o)

Mary L. Briggs said...

Hi~Congratulations, you won the apron giveaway on my blog!!

Please email me at rcabinmail@gmail.com (it's on my profile if you just want to click on it) and send me your name and address.

Again, congratulations and thank you for signing up for my giveaway.