Monday, December 31, 2007

Presents for Mommy

Much to Bruce's dismay, we have quite a crop of chives that flourish in our front yard. Ever since I mentioned to David what they were and that they can be used for cooking, he has taken it upon himself to harvest them for me...he brings in huge handfuls of them and insists that I put them in a Ziploc and store them in the fridge to have on hand for cooking...of course, I could never use in a month as much as he brings me in one handful, but I haven't told him that -- he's so earnest about bringing them and it's very precious! I dutifully bag and store them, then regularly dispose of them when I am in the kitchen by myself!

I love how he wants to take care of me -- several times a day he wraps those long little arms around me and tells me how much he loves me...

No comments: