Thursday, October 08, 2009

Continuing the living room transformation...

I hit a few garage sales this past Saturday and walked away with two things that were exactly what I was looking for to add to the living room...
A new picture for over our fireplace...

...and an ottoman with a lift-off lid for storage.  It's a touch casual for our new decor, so at some point I plan to reupholster it, but for now it is perfectly functional...

The only thing more fun than redecorating is doing it successfully on a small budget -- tons of fun!!!

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, we will be fighting over this on our next visit!! Just Beautiful!

Jess said...

The painting is the perfect size for over the mantle, looks like it matches your new furniture too.

So are YOU going to reupholster the ottoman?

It is always so nice to find great deals at garage sales! I did the same thing Saturday morning without even leaving my neighborhood. (strange how we sometimes do the same things on the same day, without knowing the 'plan')

Life Looms Large said...

That picture over your fireplace is gorgeous!!

I just got one of those storage ottomans too. Such a great idea. I love it!!

Sue