Saturday, October 31, 2009

Busy kids

We did half days of school this week while my parents were here, and then in the afternoons, David helped my dad with projects (my dad whipped everything into shape around here...yardwork, repair projects, winterizing projects, brake job on Bruce's car, and even an unexpected brake repair on my dad's truck), my mom and I sewed, and Abigail played quietly or rested.

As I mentioned in the last post, Abigail has been sick.  Every morning she would come down and ask for her sick bed on the couch, and she insisted on her blue blanket from Grandma O'Gorman...no other blanket would do this week.

When she felt well enough, one of the things she did was play the new piano...a lot!  I also found some paper with music staffs on it, so she started composing music of her own, too.

We found some new K'nex at a garage sale and one of the pieces is motorized, so David used it to build a car that actually drives.

We had one sunny, lovely afternoon when both kids went outside and made more leaf piles to enjoy...good, old-fashioned fun!

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

What a perfect week we enjoyed together!

cj and family said...

Will be praying for Abigail . . .