Monday, November 26, 2007

Our heavenly Father knows when a sparrow falls...

...and when a little boy's beloved 'blankie' is missing. David's blankie has been missing for over a week now...he has been so sad about it at bedtime, and I have felt terrible...I have searched everywhere, in the usual places and then some. Just last night I had expressed to Bruce that I had exhausted my ideas and had no idea what had happened to the blanket.

This morning I was reminded that the Lord's mercies extend even to these little details. While tidying up and such, I kept hearing a faint beeping from one of those cereal-box video games the kids have. I tried to ignore it but after an hour or so of hearing it every time I walked near the toy closet, I couldn't bear it anymore, so I dug through the closet until I had narrowed the search to David's little pretend-hiking-stuff backpack. When I opened it to get at the video game, what do you suppose I found?! The blankie, of course!

I was humbled as I was reminded of the Lord's care for us, even in the little, "unimportant" (in the scheme of eternity) details of our lives...and as you can see from the picture, David was excited beyond words to have his blankie back. What a great teaching moment...for both of us!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

God does take care of us, David, and He does it better than we ourselves..........I am glad we all learned from this reminder!