Monday, September 24, 2007

Quiet day

Today is the first weekday this month that I do not have an outside commitment of some sort...so the kids and I are all enjoying a 'normal' day for a change! David did school, then the kids played together wonderfully while I caught up on housework that has fallen behind due to the insanity of the last few weeks. Now the kids are down for naps and I am headed to the couch for mine. The busyness has taken more of a physical toll on me than I had realized while I was still running on adrenaline, so now it's time to refuel! Before naps today, I taught the kids how to play Go Fish...wouldn't you know, Abigail won...David came in second...and I lost. (Sound familiar, Debbie?!) Ah well, it made for happy kids...!

1 comment:

Debbie Griffin said...

If it's any consolation...it only gets worse! The kids, Brent and I played Monopoly Jr. the other night and Hannah stomped all over us! And of course, I lost! There's just enough competiveness in me that I have to work at keeping my frustration in check! :-)