Monday, January 10, 2011

Southern blizzard

We woke up this morning to nearly six inches of snow!  It's beautiful snow, too -- soft and gently curving over everything hidden underneath it.  When I was up at 5:30 this morning to give David a breathing treatment, it was truly blizzarding like I've never seen it do down here -- whirling and blowing and coming down thick and hard.  This morning all is peaceful and pretty.  I wish I had a camera capable of capturing all of the beautiful birds at our feeders this morning...there are dozens of birds helping themselves and it's a lovely scene.  There's nothing quite like a bright red cardinal against a snowy background!  Here are a few pictures of our snowscape earlier this morning, though...
 
 
 

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

It is pretty as a picture and I am glad it didn't snow while we were visiting!