Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jumping back in with both feet

After our week of vacation, this is a "pay the piper" kind of week!  We hit the ground running yesterday...right after school, we had to go to Abigail's annual PT evaluation.  She did well, scoring at about one year below her age, which is consistent for her.  Considering the hurdles she has had to overcome, she continues to make super progress and we are so thankful, once again, for the happy spirit -- and the dose of spitfire -- that the Lord has given to our precious girl!

After the evaluation -- which was two hours of intense work for Abigail, and two hours of sitting quietly and unobtrusively for David -- and a quick stop at Joann Fabrics, I decided that a reward was definitely in order.  We stopped at a playground on the way home...the kids played happily while I watched their tricks and gamboling (Abigail even got brave enough to go on the big slides all by herself!)...
 ...and all the while, I got to sit on a bench in the sun, sewing the binding on my current quilt...a 'reward' for me, too!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like a nice park! I'm glad the evaluation went well and Abigail made it through in good spirits.

The quilt is great. I ordered my kit Saturday, can't wait for it to come so I can get started!

Delighted Hands said...

So glad the evaluation went well-great to see the kids play at the park-the quilt you are holding already has great memories stitched into it!

cj and family said...

So glad to hear of Abigail's progress, and it looks like you made a fun afternoon out of it! :o)

Anonymous said...

You're such a fun mom! :) Nice quilt - I like the colors & dinos!
~Emily