Tuesday, April 07, 2009

April snow...makes May flowers grow?!

This is the latest in the season we've seen snow since we moved here in July '03. I know you can't see it in the pictures, but down here we get excited even for flurries in the air! I hurriedly bundled the kids right over their pjs and sent them out because I wasn't sure how long it would last...but we've had flurries multiple times this morning. They're tiny pellets, so it won't accumulate, but it's still fun!
The kids...and our blooming azaleas...and snow.If you click on the picture below, it'll enlarge, and if you look closely at the pine tree, you can see the streaks of falling snow. Proof!

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I am glad it is exciting for the kids! BRRRRRRRR!

Debbie Griffin said...

I think it's interesting that you all are having worse weather than we are! My parents live about 4 hours south of us and they had 6 inches of snow yesterday! I hope it doesn't ruin too many of your flowers!