Saturday, October 13, 2007

Some facts of life I was reminded of this week

~I have become dependent upon my cell phone! I forgot it one day this week when I left to do some errands, and felt lost when I reached for it only to remember that it was home on the table! ~When vigilantly stirring a pot of sauce, waiting for it to warm up, it helps to turn the burner on. ~There are people who do not know the boundaries of their vehicle (grrr). While driving through the grocery store parking lot, I stopped because I saw that some young thing in an SUV was going to back out of her spot even though I was coming. As I sat there waiting, I began to realize that she was going to keep on backing up more...and more...I laid on the horn, but she didn't stop until my bumper forced her to do so. Thankfully, she was going slowly enough that it didn't do any damage, but it was interesting, to say the least. It gives new life to our family refrain of "Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around"! ~A five year old who knows better is still not exempt from succumbing to the temptation of cutting one's own hair. Why? I'm sure I couldn't begin to understand, so I didn't bother asking....but we did have a serious discussion about why he may not do it again. At least it was only one chunk off the top of his head!

No comments: