Friday, December 01, 2006

A few moments of reflection...

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained; What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him?" Psalm 8:3,4
I just wanted to share this moment with you all, though the pictures don't ever do nature justice and it is hard to convey all of the thought and emotion with words, but I will try anyway!
The weather is incredible this morning...when I went outside with the dog, it was one of those moments that instantly made me think of the verses above. It is 65 and balmy, but a major cold front is rolling in, and the clouds are just flying across the sky -- big, huge clouds -- and the breeze is getting chillier and stronger by the minute. The sound of the trees moving in the wind is so loud that it drowns everything else out -- I literally could hardly hear myself calling the dog. The sky is a beautiful pearly gray with the tiniest hint of blue, and the sun is rising and just starting to touch the tips of the upper level of clouds with a golden rosey-lavender.
On a morning when I was already racing far into the day mentally, my Creator displayed His immeasurable power and recalled me to the here and now. It was a wonderful moment of humbling myself before Him and I am grateful for the focus-shift before I start the day...and then I had the joy of taking David outside and seeing his awe and wonder, and being able to talk with him about how strong our God is to be able to blow those huge clouds across the sky so quickly.
What more can I say? I am so grateful that God reveals His power to us in this tangible way. How incredible that God thinks of us and cares for us.

No comments: