Monday, March 04, 2013

Our week ~ February 25

"Hello, I am your blog and I am feeling neglected....... " ...this was a polite email I got from my mom begging for better blogging!  I am sorry, and I will try harder.  My recent craving for lots of pictures of my new nieces and nephew has made me more sensitive to the need for a regular connect...so I am trying to figure out a better way to stay faithful with my blog.
~
This picture doesn't do it justice, but one day this week our yard was full of migrating grackles.  There were literally hundreds.  Despite the very cold temperatures, I opened my kitchen window for a little while so that I could enjoy this sound of spring!
 Friday night we had a sleepover...we enjoyed having five girls under our roof. :)
 Saturday morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow, and then got to see very light snow flurries off and on all day Saturday and even Sunday morning.  We get excited about snow down here!
 Last night we played Rummikub -- one of the exciting purchases from the big consignment sale at which I sell, volunteer, and buy twice a year.  It was held this past weekend, so it took up a lot of my time throughout the week.  It's a lot of work, but I made enough to cover the spring/summer clothes I bought for the kids, some birthday books, and a couple of new games, as well as some pocket change leftover -- that makes the work well worth it!
 Mindy likes to nap nearby while we play games.  She was sleeping in this position (the sound of the camera woke her up)...it looks like a cat-version of the Can-Can. :)
On to March!

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

What a great surprise!!!! See, nothing hard about this-you wrote an excellent post and I am connected again. See Mama smile.

Bethany said...

Your Mom is too funny! I enjoy your posts too so I was happy to catch up with your family again as well. However, I fully understand how life gets in the way of the best intentions to keep the grandparents happy though!