Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Goodbye nursery...hello little girl's room!

Because any wise woman knows that mothers are (almost) always right, and that following your mama's advice (almost) always leads to a good end, I am going to take my mother's advice...this morning she emailed me and said "...don't worry about catching up the blog, just begin again today-then you won't be behind!"  So here we are.  I'll stop stressing about how far behind I am and instead, just start with "now", and catch up (or not) as time allows!
~
Yesterday and today I have been repainting Abigail's room, which was decorated as the nursery.  Originally I had planned to strip the wallpaper, too, but Abigail intervened and begged to keep it because she likes it so much...so I didn't have to deal with that messy job!  Instead I repainted the baby-green upper half with a medium-dark orchid (Sherwin Williams 6556 - "Obi Lilac" from their Duration Home line...it's wonderful paint!).  Here is the project up until now...tomorrow we'll put her room back in order, and when my parents visit soon, my mom and I will start to add some special touches.
Before...
 During...
 The paint went on much lighter than I had expected...but the wet-to-dry transition was dramatic, and by the time I made it all around the room the first time, I was relieved to find the color I was hoping to see!  Look at the difference.
After!

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, it looks so abigailish! ( I could feel your need for absolution, glad to help out! Love you!)

Debbie Griffin said...

Oooh! I like that color! Is that the same paper you had in David's nursery in Naperville? I ended up putting the same border in Daniel's room when we moved here because he was so sad to leave it!

Bethany said...

I love the transformation! I can't wait to see the "special touches"!

Jess said...

Very nice, the color of the paint wet would have made me nervous as well. It dried to a beautiful color... Where are the stripes though?