Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year's Day festivities

Yesterday was everything New Year's Day should be...family, football, food, and relaxation! As is our custom, I was asleep long before midnight on New Year's Eve, and (lo and behold) it was still 2009 when I woke up in the morning. :) We spent a quiet day at home; Bruce watched football and did work; I puttered around and even took some time to lie on the couch to get my hair done by my resident pint-sized hairdressers, read a book, and watch football;...the kids played, buzzed around us, challenged us to some Hungry Hungry Hippos, ate nonstop, and were happy to have everyone home together. Since I had clean oil left from the Krusciki, I decided to try my hand at homemade doughnuts. They weren't quite the superior caliber of Krispy Kreme's "HOT NOW" (can I say that, or is it a trademark infringement?!), but they were close enough to make it well worth my effort! They're delicious and it was fun to do. I also started cutting fabric for my Psalms quilt. A happy way to start a new year!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

OOOOOOOH! What a perfect day! Loved your hair btw!