Thursday, February 28, 2008

This week's updates

Let's see, a few things from this week... ~The kids had hearing checks and were stable again. Hooray! Next check is March 26th. They also saw their ENT (which they do every three months) and there was nothing remarkable to report there. We see him again in May. ~Abigail got her new brace on Monday and it fits much better than her outgrown one (I will try to remember to post a picture of the finished prodeuct). ~In sad news, our parakeet died overnight Tue-Wed, so yesterday we had to tell the kids and bury the bird. David took it very hard, and it is sad to see your child lose little of their innocence when they experience loss through death, but on the other hand it has spurred some good conversation and questions from him, so it's not all bad. I hadn't realized how much I enjoyed the bird's singing until now...there is no one to greet me with happy chirps when I sit down at the dining room table! ~Today we have to do school, then we need to go to the DMV, the county courthouse (no, I am not in trouble...I am filing some paperwork!), and to WalMart for some groceries and household supplies. ~Tomorrow a friend is coming to sew with me. I'm really looking forward to it -- and then, of course, it's the weekend and my husband will be home -- the best part of the week!!!

No comments: