Friday, July 17, 2009

A kaleidoscope week

This week has been a jumbled, constantly-shifting week of miscellaneous obligations and fun stuff all put together, pulled apart, and put back together a new way...hence the "kaleidoscope"! I'll spare you all the gory details and just hit the highlights... We had hearing checks Monday; the kids were both basically stable with a few random -- and very welcome! -- improvements. That was especially good news after so much loss progression in recent months. After checks, we went out to dinner with RaDora, which is always fun, and although I had my camera, I forgot to take pictures. Sigh. Tuesday we spent the morning with a friend and then headed to piano lessons and visited the library. Wednesday Abigail was running a fever again, and considering the pneumonia she is still getting over, the pediatrician wanted to check her. He determined that she's picked up another virus, likely due to an immune system already under stress. It's tempting to keep her in seclusion for a couple of weeks until she has time to really and fully recuperate! Yesterday we finally got to stay HOME! The kids were so happy to be able to wear their comfy-clothing of choice -- for David, happiness is shorts with no shirt; for Abigail, pajamas! -- and to play together all morning.I was happy to be able to do the usual housework/laundry and get caught up on paperwork/phone calls, and then I did my last cleaning-uncleaning-recleaning project of the summer...more on that to follow in another post. It was SO good to be at home all day!

2 comments:

Debbie Griffin said...

We get to stay home today, too! It's been a busy week here, as well. I never thought I'd get to the point where I was happy to stay home, but I am so looking forward to a happy day at home with nothing we have to get done! Enjoy yours!

Delighted Hands said...

Glad you enjoyed a stay at home day!