Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Spring has been in nearly-full swing for a few weeks now here in Georgia, but now that the calendar says it's official, I figure I'd better post my pictures.  Please ignore the poor photo quality (and the as-yet-untended landscaping/lawn) and just enjoy the spring flowers with me!

I read about planting crocus bulbs in the middle of the yard for a fun surprise, and I thought it was a great idea, so I did that with both crocus and daffodils.  I love the pretty effect.
 
Our mailbox area
 
 Phlox tumbling over the edge of the driveway
Bleeding Heart in its first bloom of the season
Lovely bulbs along the driveway wall
And, of course, springtime means outside time can be enjoyed without layers and layers of clothing.  My kids enjoy being outside regardless of the weather, but this time of year is especially nice!
 Happy spring!

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Yippee! No broken bones, David! Just a beautiful tour! So nice to see the colors blooming in the yard!